Paul Brown Training are a National training provider and can deliver all Microsoft desktop training onsite anywhere in the UK from as little as £55 per person. We supply all the training equipment needed and can also provide laptops, so that all you need is a suitable office.
We believe that the best way to learn to use any software is to actually practise with it. For this reason all our Microsoft training courses are very ‘hands on’. Tutor-led demonstrations are immediately followed up with practical exercises on the software. In this way delegates build up a repertoire of real skills throughout the day, which they can put into practise as soon as they return to their office tasks.
All our tutors are fully qualified with many years of industry experience and limitless patience! We believe that anyone can learn to use all of the Microsoft Office applications efficiently and would be pleased to work with you and your staff to this end.
Call us free on 0800 2922842 or email using our contact page for further details.
Excel training delivered at your offices in Leeds from £55 per person
We specialise in onsite training and can provide Excel tuition at Foundation, Intermediate & Advanced levels. To establish the most appropriate course level you could use our free Training Needs Analysis service. This comprises a quick and easy tick-box questionnaire which is completed by each employee in MS Word. Email the forms back to us and we will then suggest the most appropriate Excel training course.
Our onsite Excel training provides distinct advantages over public course events:
- Better value – we can provide Excel training at your offices from £55 just per employee
- Greater flexibility – courses can be tailored to suit your staffs’ individual needs
- More time efficient – no wasted time travelling time or associated expenses
Public Microsoft Excel courses cost around £300 per person, plus VAT. In comparison, we can provide training onsite at your own offices for the following daily rates:
- 1 – 3 employees: £450
- 4 – 6 employees: £500
- 7 – 10 employees: £550
- 10+ employees: £550 + £50 per extra person
Please be aware that these rates are per group, not per individual. Also, we do not charge extra for travelling or other expenses. You can view full details on our Onsite Training page.
Our 1 day onsite Excel courses can be delivered at different levels to suit the needs of your staff:
- Visual Basic (VBA)
Our quick and easy TNA form (Training Needs Analysis) will help you to choose the correct level. If you have a number of staff with different levels of experience, we may be able to tailor a course to suit. Please note that this will by necessity mean that we will have to progress at the pace of the learner with the least knowledge. However, it does allow a number of staff to be trained simultaneously, thereby helping to keep the total cost down. If you would like us to send you a free Training Needs Analysis form, please either telephone or request this on our Contact page.
Here is an overview of our Excel course levels:
- Introduction to spreadsheets
- Overview of Excel menus and toolbars
- Entering and editing data & text
- Adjusting column & rows
- Inserting and deleting columns & rows
- Selecting & formatting data
- Copy and pasting data & text
- Using Auto sum for quick calculations
- How to build formulas to perform calculations
- Introduction to Excel functions
- Printing Excel spreadsheets
- Excel overview refresher
- Understanding absolute cell addresses
- Linking data between workbooks
- Using advanced formulas & functions
- Highlighting values with conditional formatting
- Understanding Conditional Logic: Using IF statements
- Finding records using VLookup & HLookup functions
- Creating subtotals & working with levels
- Sorting data using advanced filters
- Sorting data using pivot tables and charts
- Creating and using macros
- Protecting workbooks, worksheets & individual cells
- Consolidating data in multiple worksheets & workbooks
- Data validation: creating drop-down lists
- Embedding spreadsheets in Word & PowerPoint documents
- Using charts and graphs to display data
- Advanced Conditional Logic: nested IF, AND, OR & NOT functions
- The Maths Functions: using SUMIF, COUNTIF & AVERAGEIF
- New Excel 2007 Functions: using SUMIFS, COUNTIFS & AVERAGEIFS
- Working with Data: the TRIM, FIND, MID & VALUE functions
- Finding Data Records: using the MATCH & INDEX functions
- Advanced Database Functions: the DSUM, DAVERAGE & DCOUNT functions
- Analytical Tools: using Goal Seek & Scenarios